British Columbia is a wonderful place to get up close and personal with the great outdoors. BC Out of Doors is all about getting out there to both explore and understand BC’s natural environment. Catch the latest stories and pictures at “What’s New”.
On these pages you’ll find a low impact and sustainable approach to exploring the natural world — hiking, biking, mountaineering, walking, paddling, sailing, birding, photography, botany, backpacking, trekking …… the list goes on. The focus is beautiful British Columbia, but what’s a border or two between friends!
Mary Sanseverino is the outdoorista who coordinates this space. She lives, works, and plays in and around Victoria BC on lovely Vancouver Island. But, she gets off the West Coast Rock from time to time for exploration elsewhere in BC and beyond.
- Check out Mary’s work in the following places:
- Nature photography at Calypso Orchid on Flickr.
- Back of Beyond: Outdoor adventures in Scotland and elsewhere;
- Canada Sea-to-Sea: Biking across Canada from Victoria BC to St. John’s NL;
- Biking and Bagging: Cycling and hill walking in Scotland;
- Two wheels on the Front: biking Canadian battlefields of the First World War;
- England by Bike – five weeks around England
Follow Mary @msanseve on Twitter.